If you have been critically injured or lost a member of your family in an automobile accident, a Houston car accident attorney at Terry & Thweatt can assist you immediately to help with your recovery. When someone else’s poor driving behavior was responsible for the accident, they must be held accountable for the injuries and damages you suffered. These damages may include medical bills, mental anguish, and lost wages. Many drivers harmed in car accidents can’t return to work and lose income during rehabilitation.
A Houston car accident attorney can help you seek compensation for all types of car collision cases, including:
- Head on collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Roll-over accidents
- Multiple car collisions
- School Zone accidents
- Failure to follow road signs
- 18 Wheeler accidents
Personal Injury Damages Due to Auto Accidents
Auto accident injuries are usually related to the severity of the crash. Minor incidents at low speed often result in injuries that can ben quickly healed. Major accidents involving high speeds or 18 wheelers can cause life-altering injuries, some irreversible. Some of the more serious injuries due to auto accidents include:
- Catastrophic Injury
- Burn Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Damage
- Loss of Limb
- Orthopedic Injury
- Internal Injury
- Physiological and Emotional Trauma
Wrongful death can also occur in the most severe car crashes. Wrongful death is defined as loss of life due to someone else’s negligence. Distracted driving, drunk driving, and failure to follow road signs are all negligent driving practices that can result in wrongful death.
What To Do After An Accident?
The Houston car accident attorney team at Terry & Thweatt recommends you follow these four steps after a car accident:
- Call for help. Before contacting anyone else, dial 9-1-1 to call for help. Even if no injures are immediately present, police should be called to the scene.
- Get Medical Treatment. Your health is more important that anything – including your car. Bumpers can be fixed and cars can be replaced, but you only get one body.
- Gather Information. Car accident scenes are rich with information that Terry & Thweatt can process to help your case. Safely gather as much information about the crash, and take photos of the scene.
- Contact A Houston Car Accident Attorney. Even a minor accident can cause serious complications to your neck, back and internal organs. These injuries might not show up right away. Terry & Thweatt have the knowledge and experience to handle your case and fight for a timely settlement.
Get Help From A Houston Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you are likely to incur medical expenses for hospitalization, doctor’s bills, prescriptions, surgery and rehabilitation. In addition to the physical recovery, you may be facing lost income from missing work, property damage, and pain and suffering. The complexity of a personal injury case is when a Houston car accident attorney can be of service.
Attempting to recover damages on your own can be difficult. Insurance companies know that you need financial recovery, and need it now. They will be quick to settle with a low offer, hoping you take the bait. The Houston car accident attorneys at Terry & Thweatt can be your representation against the insurance companies. Contact us today for a free consultation.